Event: Flamenco Dance Workshop
Date: 2 March, Sat
Time: 5pm - 7pm
Venue: The Circular Square - Bengaluru , South Bangalore
Olé! Heres a 2 hours workshop on Flamenco dance form that also touches upon its roots to India! After all, some also refer to this dance form as the daughter of Kathak!
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn the similarities between Flamenco and Kathak
- Understand brief history of Flamenco's birth and how it has evolved
- Learn the beginning steps : footwork and basic arm postures
- Get introduced to Palmas and first rhythmic time signature pattern
- Learn about body posture and body alignment needed, which will also greatly help the students outside class!
- Finally, groove to a simple composition and experience the life of a Bailaora !
At the end of the workshop, you will have developed a firm understanding and awareness about this beautiful dance n music form ! Guapa!
- For the Ladies : long skirts that have lot of frill/flair (gypsy skirts are ideal)
- For the Gentlemen: casual pants, comfortable wear
- Carry a pair of Socks
Fee: INR 700 per head